Client Resources | Advice Library | 1300 334 566 |

Going to Court

What happens when I get sued?

Thursday, April 12, 2018

When someone brings an action against you in court, you may find out when the initiating documents are served on you. If they are looking for damages, the documents can be an Application, or more usually a Claim (and a Statement of Claim). These are documents that have been written in the specific form required by the court and they set out what the party suing you (the plaintiff) says you owe them (the Claim) and the reasons why (the Statement of Claim).
Read more