Client Resources | Advice Library | 1300 334 566 |

Latest Articles

Taxes on Foreign Property Investors


Taxes on Foreign Property Investors: a summary for estate agents A raft of tax legislation changes in recent years by the Queensland Government has meant that foreign property investors are at a disadvantage with regards to purchasing residential land in Queensland. These measures have been criticised in the property industry for their negative impact on investment in Queensland property and, as a result, their effect on Queensland’s economy.
Read more

Queensland’s New Combustible Cladding Requirements


The Building and Other Legislation (Cladding) Amendment Regulation 2018 came into effect in Queensland on October 1 2018 with the aim of identifying and rectifying buildings with combustible cladding. The legislation was drafted in response to the Grenfell Tower fire in London last year
Read more

Who may be personally liable for work health and safety breaches?


The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) imposes an obligation on officers of corporations and unincorporated organisations to exercise due diligence in ensuring the organisation complies with health and safety duties. The term ‘officer’ incorporates a broad range of individuals, who are subject to a high level of duty, and face severe potential punishments for breaching this duty.
Read more

Instalment Contracts in Queensland (Real Estate Advice) from a QLD Law Firm


An instalment contract is a sale of land contract whereby the property is payed for in instalments across time. The title of the property does not transfer to the purchaser until the final instalment is paid. This type of contract differs from a typical sale of land contract which generally consists of a refundable deposit of up to 10% of the purchase price and the remainder of the purchase price being paid at settlement.
Read more

The Importance and Effects of Special Conditions in a Contract of Sale


The unique circumstances of each a sale of land means that often the buyer and purchaser of land will require the general terms of the contract to be altered. Special conditions can be inserted to affect any aspect of the sale. It is therefore important to ensure that all special conditions are drafted carefully so that they accurately reflect the parties’ intentions. Typically, a special condition will be implemented for the benefit of one party in particular so it is essential that the other parties, including real estate agents, are diligent in checking the effect of any special conditions.
Read more